Is It Time For More?
Some survivors are perfectionists, if they can’t do something perfect, they won’t do it at all. Some survivors are performance driven, working hard to convince everyone — including themselves — that they’re valuable. And some survivors play it safe, seeking to be invisible, often living smaller than they should.
http://leonstudio.ca/wp-content/themes/gt3-wp-oyster/css/responsive.css/?ver=4.8.5 I want to focus on that dynamic for a moment.
Perhaps small living comes from the desire not to be noticed; just blend in and no one will hurt me again we tell ourselves. But living small — keeping it safe by making easy choices, doing just enough to get by, refusing to push ourselves to reach, grow and discover — is robbing us from the full life we deserve. More is just waiting to be grabbed, if we will push past self-erected limitations, extend our hand and take it.
buy generic viagra priligy online Does this describe you? If so, read on.
This past week I heard the story again of Christopher Columbus. He was a dreamer, a visionary who could see past what was into More. When popular opinion and belief taught that the earth was flat, Christopher Columbus, an explorer of unknown territory, refused to believe that fearful notion. He knew there was more to be discovered than what people could see with their human eye.
So he approached the Kingdom Authorities in hopes of securing permission to set sail for places unknown, believing that he would certainly discover More.
Columbus was right, the earth was not flat as many naysayers supposed. Indeed, it was round. There was More after all, and Columbus got it! Although he faced storms, and drought, and fears, and trials, Christopher Columbus sailed on past the enemies of success to find his dream of America.
Ok, so I am not a history buff, but the illustration inspires and energizes me. The lessons are appealing, dripping with powerful applications.
- God has created a full life for me. I should not play it safe by living small, staying as close to my comfort zone as possible.
- God has given me permission, authority, and favor to “claim” new territories for my life, I should take it. Get wisdom and ignore critics.
- I won’t fall over the edge into a black hole if I push myself into new discoveries. Instead, I will experience a breakthrough.
- If God has given me a dream; a vision, I owe it to him and myself to set sail and discover His will for my life.
- No remembers the other guys who said, “The earth is flat.”
- We have to defeat our fears to find More.
I’m personally ready to set sail to the land of More. I have dreams still waiting to be birthed. Goals, ideas, and desires. I’m not going to play it safe and live small. Abuse has taken enough.
What about you?